cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

There seems to be a problem... error when using My EE app on Xiaomi phones

Miles
Former EE Employee

Update: 23rd July 2021

Thank you for all the comments, and for your patience waiting for a further update on this.

I’ve spoken to our app team and they’ve confirmed that the issue which was reported in December was related to an update deployed on the Xiaomi OS (MIUI). Our app team carried out testing on Xiaomi phones earlier this year, and the issue seemed to have been resolved, perhaps following a further Xiaomi OS Update.

I can see that some of you have reported the same error since April, so I wanted to get the latest update for anyone affected. Because Xiaomi provide their phones with a customised version of Android, this may remain an ongoing problem. We only support the My EE App on handsets that EE sell for two years after the handset started to be sold. It may or may not work on handsets that are not part of our range. As an alternative, you can keep up to date with your account by accessing your My EE account via our website.

Hi everyone,

We've had some reports of customers using Xiaomi phones getting this error when trying to use the My EE app. We're looking into this and wanted to let you know we're trying to get it sorted.

In the meantime, you should still be able to login to My EE through your browser - either on a mobile, laptop or desktop.

We'll update here when we have more news!

"There seems to be a problem" error message"There seems to be a problem" error message

56 REPLIES 56
dariusmaiks11
Investigator
Investigator

Same problem on iphone.

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @dariusmaiks11

Welcome to the community.

Are you able to log into your My EE account through your browser?

Have you tried deleting and re-downloading the app?

Chris

On browser i can log in to my account,but i can’t get access and got this message-

What happened?

Sorry, we were unable to complete your request right now. Please try again later.

On app- i try delete app, but still same error messages.Something wrong.

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Thanks @dariusmaiks11

It may be worth speaking to our Tech Gurus on 150 so that they can look into this.

Chris

LOGIN - ERROR

We're working on fixing this page. In the meantime, find help at ee.co.uk/help

What happened?

Sorry, we were unable to complete your request right now. Please try again later.

On app- 

2EB3555E-0215-4DEE-ABD7-DCC1C1AD7DA9.jpeg

E0CDFBDD-125B-489B-9AD1-CFD7E947FD36.jpeg

my app is not working - samsung phone - and when I eventually got logged in via a browser, none of my account info is there - I should have 2 phone accounts but it is asking me to register numbers?!

mccorma
Explorer

i am getting the error on my samsung = and my account is pretty much blank when get in on the browser although login is failing almost every time there as well 

Also getting error both on mobile app and online. On mobile getting this error A4.45.0 and on online it doesn't recognise my number

Having exactly the same problem