Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile keeps switching off intermittently

Sbreak1
Investigator
Investigator

Hiya,

Since an EE update on my mobile last week. My mobile intermittently turns itself off or freezes on the start up Galaxy logo. I have to press volume down and start button to reset it. This has happened a number of times now since last week. Any reasons for this or is it due to 3g phase out? My mobile is a 3g phone but it's set as LTE so it's coveted to continue to work.

It's very annoying especially with my phones alarm set. Any suggestions please? Thank you

7 REPLIES 7
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Sbreak1 

Thanks for posting.

The 3G switch off and the update should not affect the device in this way, have you tried backing up all data and factory resetting the phone? 

This would remove all data, please be sure to back up before doing this. 

Leanne.

Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Sbreak1 

Back up your phone and factory reset. See if a software reset fixes the issues.

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.
Thank you for email response.
Do you know why this happened straight after receiving the EE text to say my settings had been changed? It's never happened before in all the time I've had the phone. I will factory re set but it's a pain having to back everything up as I would be putting the phone back to new again. Any suggestions as to why this has happened would be welcomed.

A simular thing happened to one of my phone's a few years ago. I then had to do a factory re set a few times but ended up having to buy a new phone in the end.

Grateful for your thoughts please. Thank you
Leanne_T

Hi @Sbreak1 

Sorry I am unaware of why this may be happening, the Samsung phone or tablet unexpectedly powers off support page, has some helpful steps to try and see if this resolves the issue for you. 

Leanne. 

Hi

I have backed up my data. And tried the factory 're set with the power volume down and up etc. However my mobile is now not working and is showing a red message too of the screen which says. Unable to 're boot due to invalid kernel? Can you please help as now I am without a phone to use. Thank you

James_B

What is the full error message you see, @Sbreak1?

James

bristolian
Legend
Legend

It sounds similar to that explained in self-help videos such as https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llhVLMMd_HU 

You may need to use the EE local repair service here - https://ee.co.uk/local-repairs 

The settings text message would have nothing to do with this, and just sounds unfortunately coincidental.