cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Data not working!

AlinMega
Investigator
Investigator

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S8 (not blocked on any network).

Recently moved in the UK. I got myself a pay-as-you-go SIM from Three3 provider for the 1st month, but later I switched to EE for a monthly plan SIM card.

Ever since I received the SIM card, I have noticed that the mobile data was not working.

I have changed my number to the was I had before using the PAC code and I thought maybe it is because of this process.

2 days later, after the number was ported, I still had the problem.

Contacted the support from Chat box and I also had a call with a 2nd Line support:

1. Settings -> General Settings -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings

Did not work!

2. Settings -> Connections -> Mobile Networks -> Network Operators -> Turn Off Automatic -> Select different network and then connect back to EE

Did not work!

3. Network settings updated through a message sent by EE support

Did not work!

4. Technical Support told me he has sent APN settings through a message. I entered on my APN settings and it's not there.

It's my 5th day without data and I'm already annoyed by this issue. All the other SIMs work for me, even my partner's one. It's just this EE that is not working and I simply don't get it.

30 REPLIES 30
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Was it these APN settings that you used, @Jafpouy?

Chris

It has exactly the same config.

Christopher_G

Have you tried changing the network mode, @Jafpouy?

Does that help at all?

Chris

go here on your browser (pc or phone)

https://setup-ee.wdsglobal.com/internet 

find as close to your phone in the list, add your number, you will be sent a  CP Message to my phone. install it. you may have to delete all APN setttings before doing this. I had same problems (diff phone) and  It worked for me.

I did step by step.

No success.

I did it.

No use.

Katie_B

Hi @Jafpouy

Have you been able to report this to our technical care team on 150?

Katie

No.

But attended the EE store in Brighton and after checking with their tablet, they said you must change your sim with new one and as I did not want to change it, I bought another sim, but the problem is still there.

Katie_B

Thanks for confirming @Jafpouy

If the replacement SIM did not fix this and the APN settings are set correctly, I'd recommend speaking with our technical care team on 150. 

The team can then run a further diagnostics. 

Katie

I had a chat with EE Support on 150.

The guy tried to solve it for about 30 minutes, after that he called level 2 support.

After talking, within 5 minutes, she found that my Samsung A805F is having old operating system and not updated by Samsung any more, so it cannot work with EE SIM.

Problem is solved, I have two choices, either to use SIM from other companies like O2, 3, Vodafone (because, they are working without having any problem),  or to change my Samsung.