cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Data not working!

AlinMega
Investigator
Investigator

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S8 (not blocked on any network).

Recently moved in the UK. I got myself a pay-as-you-go SIM from Three3 provider for the 1st month, but later I switched to EE for a monthly plan SIM card.

Ever since I received the SIM card, I have noticed that the mobile data was not working.

I have changed my number to the was I had before using the PAC code and I thought maybe it is because of this process.

2 days later, after the number was ported, I still had the problem.

Contacted the support from Chat box and I also had a call with a 2nd Line support:

1. Settings -> General Settings -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings

Did not work!

2. Settings -> Connections -> Mobile Networks -> Network Operators -> Turn Off Automatic -> Select different network and then connect back to EE

Did not work!

3. Network settings updated through a message sent by EE support

Did not work!

4. Technical Support told me he has sent APN settings through a message. I entered on my APN settings and it's not there.

It's my 5th day without data and I'm already annoyed by this issue. All the other SIMs work for me, even my partner's one. It's just this EE that is not working and I simply don't get it.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Leanne,

I don't have this route in my app, sorry.

It's either Settings -> and no Data Menu (maybe network permissions or device and SIM)

or from Menu you go to something else.

Update:

Researching through topics here, I have found a link used to send VPN address/settings to your phone.

Since there was no VPN address on my phone, I found it odd. So I did it myself, I received the messages and installed it and now I have mobile data!

FINNALY!

View solution in original post

30 REPLIES 30
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @AlinMega

Thanks for coming to the community. 

Could you log into your My EE app and select Menu then Settings and Mobile Data, is this turned on at the moment? 

Speak soon 🙂

Leanne.

Hi Leanne,

I don't have this route in my app, sorry.

It's either Settings -> and no Data Menu (maybe network permissions or device and SIM)

or from Menu you go to something else.

Update:

Researching through topics here, I have found a link used to send VPN address/settings to your phone.

Since there was no VPN address on my phone, I found it odd. So I did it myself, I received the messages and installed it and now I have mobile data!

FINNALY!

Leanne_T

Hi @AlinMega

Thanks for coming back and letting me know you have resolved this. 

Do you have an option showing as 'Use mobile data' within your My EE app? 

Leanne 🙂

Hi @Leanne_T ,

The only thing I have simmilar to that is "Use Phone contacts".

Settings menu looks like this:

Logging in

Device and SIM

Use phone contacts

Your address

Change Personal Details

Network permissions

Notifications

Log Out

The main menu is:

Current Usage

Bills & Payments

Plan & add-ons

Upgrade

What's new

EE Up

Help

Settings

That's it.

Leanne_T

Thanks @AlinMega

If you have any further problems using data, I would suggest getting back in touch with our Tech Gurus on 150. They will look into this for you. 

Leanne 🙂

Hi, I have out my mother onto EE from Virgin and she is having the same problem that you have described. Not mobile data connection. Do you have the VPN available for me to try on her phone? 

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @Dave85.

Have you tried some of the other troubleshooting steps above, for example a network reset on the phone?

Jon

Hi. I'm having the same issue setting my wife up on s8. Tried all above steps and tried changing settings on https://setup-ee.wdsglobal.com/internet nothing worked. Please could you send me the link for the VPN. My wife needs data within the week and if nothing can be done, she will have to use another network

Christopher_G

Hi @TrailBlazer

I've recommend speaking with our Technical Support team so that they can help you get the data connection set up.

Chris