cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked Out of Phone

MellyD1
Investigator
Investigator

Hi everyone I think I probably know the answer to this but I changed the password on my S23 (had to as company portal said i should) 

And yup you guessed it I can't remember it - tried all combinatons and now i think i need to factory reset.  Did try in Find my Device but my old phone is there not this one.  Problem is I can't unlock it to factory reset & if i follow the steps using the buttons it just comes back on. 

I suspect a trip to the shop is coming.

NB I'd like to caveat all this by saying I have a new puppy and lack of sleep & brain fog is my defence - i even put the butter in the freezer yesterday!!!! 🤣

TIA

7 REPLIES 7
bristolian
Legend
Legend

There's nothing more a retail shop can do to unlock an Android phone than what you can do - by design, if the phone is locked you need the PIN/password to unlock it.

Try the steps on Google Help too, there's a few remote recovery options outlined - https://support.google.com/android/answer/7663172?hl=en-GB 

Thanks I think i've tried most of that - it was more help to factory reset which i seem to be incapable of doing! 

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Does this Samsung Support video help, @MellyD1?

James

Hi James thanks for this but its slightly more complicated?? So I can't unlock the phone as no pin, i can't turn it off as no pin and its in Airplane mode so i think it needs a hard reset which i believe it needs to be off so i have to drain the battery to do this??  

James_B

Hi @MellyD1,

If you swipe down the notification shade on your lock screen and turn off airplane mode, are you then able to see it at Find your phone (google.com)?

James

No need to unlock to turn off airplane mode 😞  honestly i'm in a circle of perpetual doom!

i did pop into the EE shop in Sunderland today hoping they had a fancy button to press and it was them that advised to drain and then hard reset 

Leanne_T

Hi @MellyD1 

Can you try the steps on the How do I perform a factory reset on my mobile device? | Samsung UK page to see if you can use the buttons to factory reset, if not there is an option to contact Samsung for further support 🙂

Leanne.