cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insurance claim

Pithie
Investigator
Investigator

I would like to know why I'm being told why I can't claim through insurance on my Samsung smartwatch for a breakdown when my insurance covers breakdowns?

14 REPLIES 14

Hi @Pithie 

If you've had the device since February is this your terms and conditions? 

https://ee.co.uk/content/dam/ee-help/Termsandconditions/EE%20Full%20Cover%20and%20Damage%20Cover%20T...

Faulty product isn't breakdown but regardless breakdown isn't cover under this policy. If it's faulty you need to claim on your device warranty. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

Screenshot_20220807-163413.jpg

I take it the word breakdown in there is a mistake then, but please keep making up the excuses, I've been told even by tech team that I keep being panned of to by insurance that my policy covers breakdowns. But please keep making up excuses.

Hi @Pithie 

It says "depending on which insurance policy you have" 

The old policy coved more options, than this new one from 3rd March 2020. Some people might still be on the old policy.

If you are on the new policy as I linked to then your only covered for damage as a result of accident damage 

Accidental Damage, Accidentally Damaged - Your
Mobile Phone or Connected Device stops working
normally as the result of an accident (including a
cracked screen and liquid damage) or a deliberate
act by someone other than You or an Authorised
User.

If your device is just faulty (manufacturers fault)  then you can claim from your warranty or via EE repairers. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

As I've already told you I have been told by EE my insurance does cover for breakdown, when I submitted the claim to the insurance I put it as a breakdown, after filling out the claim online I was told my claim was successful and replacement would be sent, to which didn't happen, to phone to be told its pending and since then I've been passed from tech to insurance ever since. Because clearly nobody at EE has a clue. So I've been told my insurance covers breakdowns my insurance claim was successful just for it to then change to pending to which I was never informed about and only found out after calling. I'm here now again with you who again is making up excuses and clearly you have no clue and I can see I'm still wasting my time 👍

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Pithie

I have replied to your private message. 

Leanne.