cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot send MMS messages - it says the network is not set up

Photon
Investigator
Investigator

If I try to send an MMS message, it does not go and says the service is not activated. What can I do to activate it?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks. Yes, it might be that it is my Plan. I have solved the problem using Google messages on my computer.

Thank you for your help.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Photon 

Are you on ee PAYG or pay monthly contract. 

Can you receive text messages. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

Contract but I am in France. Text messages are no problem. It seems to be MMS. 

Thanks

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for coming here @Photon 

Are you on pay monthly or pay as you go? 

Could you send MMS messages when in the UK? 

Leanne 🙂

Photon
Investigator
Investigator

Thanks,

I am on a sim only monthly deal, and I could send them from the UK.  I have tried most things recommended on the Internet but none worked.

Peter

Leanne_T

Thanks @Photon 

MMS messages are chargeable, have you checked if you have a spend cap set up and adjusted this to send the messages? 

Please see the How Do I Set Up and Manage Spend Cap? Help page for full details 🙂

Leanne

By the way, I am connected to the internet. 

Thanks. Yes, it might be that it is my Plan. I have solved the problem using Google messages on my computer.

Thank you for your help.

Leanne_T

No problem @Photon 

You would need to be using the roaming network to send the picture message and this would be charged. 

Leanne 🙂

Photon
Investigator
Investigator

Hello. I have a SIM only deal but with free roaming. I am in France. I can send MMS message to UK numbers (even from France) but if I try to send a picture to any French number, I get the "service not activated" message. This happens even if I am connected to the wi-fi. Is there anything I can do. WhatsApp works OK, too,