cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I save permanently save voicemails

Bingyberry
Visitor

Hello there,

Can anyone recommend a way or an app that can record a precious voicemail so I can keep it?

My phone is a Samsung S20+ 5G.

Many thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Bingyberry 

You should have a screen recorder option on your Samsung device. If you start the recording, it will make a video of the screen, including the sound. 

Start the recording, play the voicemail on loudspeaker, then end the recording. It will then save the video in your gallery.

Alternatively, you could play the voicemail on your phone, and record it using a dictaphone/voice memo app on another phone.

Hope this helps.

Chris

This dose not work as the recording is paused during a call, any other suggestions please. 

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Ibsttar,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Have you tried using another phone/tablet to record the voicemail as suggested by @Christopher_G?

James

Anonymous69
Visitor

The same problem. This is 2024. Surely you should have the option of simply saving the voicemail as a  .wav or mp3 file (it must be in one of those formats anyway), rather than some crazy heath Robinson way of finding another device (no I don't have one ) and playing it out loud on one, hoping to manually record onto the other. Thanks for any assistance. 

CommSense
Explorer

Agree with Anonymous. Can someone with some

authority at ee respond to customers wanting to save voicemail reliably?

CommSense
Explorer

I have a solution for you; I am an iPhone user but I anticipate you can replicate this very similarly on Samsung. Hope this serves you better than ee’s lacklustre response:
1. Request Visual Voicemail from ee (text ANDROID VISUAL to 150)

2. Once activated you’ll see a list of voicemails when you tap Phone and tap Voicemail, as you would navigate to ordinarily to listen to voicemails. 
3. Tap on a voicemail you want to save; this ‘opens’ it onto a new screen.

4. On the right hand side there’s a share icon - tap that and you can select an app to save the voicemail to (I used Voice Memos on iPhone). You can also send it to another device, share it etc. 

Visual voicemail is only available to apple users