cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google home hub

Agranthan
Explorer

Dose anyone know how to connect a Google home hub to huawie Pro 20 phone which has got a dater sim card in I have tried my personal hotspot thank you Tony 

4 REPLIES 4
kyon
Explorer

Hi Tony (@Agranthan), welcome to the EE Community Forum,

Could you provide us with a model for your new Google Smart device? You will usually find this on the box, and it might look something like "Google Nest Hub (2nd Gen)".

It seems like you are trying to connect it to a Personal Hotspot on a phone. This might not work, as the device needs to be connected to a Wi-Fi hotspot rather than a hotspot from a phone. Do you have home broadband with EE or another provider?

Let me know how it goes,

:)
That's what I thought i sent my WiFi back and just up my data on my phone
trying to cut back on the mouthly outlay I always thought they had blue
tooth in them but offsiley not thank you for answering so quickly Tony
kyon
Explorer

I understand that you sent back your broadband service to save some money and decided to use mobile data instead. 

You might have a bit of luck reading this article I found online - click here to read it. Unfortunately, I cannot provide much help with the Google device, but maybe someone else on the forum can? Stores like Currys PC World or a local tech repair store may be able to help.

You may be interested in getting EE Broadband alongside your EE Mobile Phone contract: right now, you can get a discounted price (10% off) because you already are an EE mobile customer. On top of this, you can get some extra data on your phone (up to 20GB extra). If you want to find out more about this, give the EE sales team a call on their freephone at 0800 956 6000.

Sorry that I couldn't be of much help, but I hope that you manage to get it set up.
~Kyon

:)

@kyon  @Agranthan      Let’s clear one thing up.,  The Google device is connected to your phone via Wi-Fi the phone is connected to the EE network via its cellular connection ( that’s the basic way for a personal hotspot to work you can have a wired connection say from a phone to a laptop )  Your phone is working as a mobile router when you are using its personal hotspot feature.         

@Agranthan   There is no reason why this shouldn’t work.  You just need to make sure you have set it up correctly.

Please see THIS on how to setup a personal hotspot on your device 

you now need to link your Google device to the hotspot from your phone.  This would be exactly the same way you would link this to any Wi-Fi connection ie from a fixed or wireless broadband connection.