cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Assistant on Galaxy Watch 4

walkerx
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

If you have a GW4, you will have probably received the update for Google Assistant but be warned there are some issues with it, so would advise against using it.

It seems it's been auto-installed but requires an update, so may need to disable it or find a way of uninstalling it fully.

Since being installed it drains the battery big time, it has drastically reduced the usage time from 2 days to around 1 day.

It also causes a disconnect between your phone and watch, and requires it to be reset back up from scratch. Not sure how this affects LTE users (about to reset everything, so hoping it doesn't affect my watch contract) but it is not really acceptable for this to happen.

4 REPLIES 4
walkerx
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

watch even though set to backup hadn't backed up since last year

have to go through the annoying tips on how to use the watch (i've been using it since last year. don't need to go through it again)

originally reported error with mobile network setup, so skipped that and it seems to be working

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @walkerx

I'm not sure there is a way to uninstall it. If you're been having problems with the connection between your phone and watch, I would recommend double checking that your phone software is up to date.

Chris

Hi @Christopher_G ,

It looks like it's a known issue since the release of Google Assistant on the Galaxy Watch 4.

Had been working fine, just quicker battery drain, but today when put on charge the watch disconnected from my phone (S20FE5G) and when went back to the Galaxy Wear app it wanting readding as a new device. This meant the watch had to be factory reset to get it added back to my phone.

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Sorry to hear that, @walkerx. Hopefully your watch will stay connected now that you've factory reset it.

Chris