cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE upgrade/phone update

Denuel22
Explorer

Has anyone updated/upgraded their Android phone following receipt of a request from m EE to do so? I did and very much wish that I hadn't. The update has wiped out all of my folders  and created a load of new, unwanted, useless Google apps. I can't find anything and when I create a new folder, to start the long process of putting my wanted apps back, I find for some reason I can't name the folder. The unwanted Google apps seem to resist being dumped, so they are just taking up useful space on my phone. Why didn't EE state that installing this update would wreck your phone??? I'm absolutely distraught and disgusted with EE on this. It has left me with days of work to try and undo the damage that this has caused. I'm really annoyed with EE and will consider going elsewhere when my contract is up. Whatever you do, don't install this upgrade unless you're happy for nothing to look as it was afterwards.

3 REPLIES 3
Denuel22
Explorer
EE upgrade/phone update

Has anyone updated/upgraded their Android phone following receipt of a request from EE to do so? I did and very much wish that I hadn't. The update has wiped out all of my folders  and created a load of new, unwanted, useless Google apps. I can't find anything and when I create a new folder, to start the long process of putting my wanted apps back, I find for some reason I can't name the folder. The unwanted Google apps seem to resist being dumped, so they are just taking up useful space on my phone. Why didn't EE state that installing this update would wreck your phone??? I'm absolutely distraught and disgusted with EE on this. It has left me with days of work to try and undo the damage that this has caused. I'm really annoyed with EE and will consider going elsewhere when my contract is up. Whatever you do, don't install this upgrade unless you're happy for nothing to look as it was afterwards.

Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Denuel22 

Google own Android and they will install whatever apps they want on their OS, your device. That simple. This is nothing to do with EE.

If you have backed up your phone on your Google account the installed apps wil be in the play store, or restore/factory reset and restore your device from the last back up. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.
Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @Denuel22.

Was this a software update on the phone?

This would be from the manufacturer/software provider and not from EE directly.

Jon