cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't buy Galaxy watch 5 series with having a Samsung phone

Paulbentley1981
Investigator
Investigator

Don't buy any Galaxy Watch 5 or the pro with a mobile plan if you don't have a Samsung phone what they won't tell you is that to use the mobile  plan you can only use the mobile plan with a Samsung phone any other phone and the mobile plan is useless. EE staff will sell you the watch andbsay it works out the box but either there lying or not getting told the correct information. I've got a Pixel 6 and have just got the galaxy watch 5 with mobile plan but mobile plan isn't compatible with the pixel 6 or 6 pro or 6a. Found this out when I ranflg up EE and spoke to someone andn they had to ask the technical department because they don't know

14 REPLIES 14
raymondotango
Contributor
Contributor

That doesnt sound right. I was using my Galaxy 4 successfully with my Oppo X5 phone

For some reason a select few Samsung galaxy watches the 5 being one can't use mobile data unless it's with a Samsung fone ....it's rubbish maybe it will change in a few months hopefully just newer Samsung watches but needs sorting as it's rubbish 

I ordered mine online they new I had a pixel 6 and took the galaxy 5 watch out with mobile data plan (as there's to many issues with the Google pixel fine and connectivity ) was told it was fine even when I had trouble connecting I was told it was fine Samsung said it's compatible they failed to say not with mobile data as I had said I had pixel ...so no not all are told about the mobile data having to be Samsung and Samsung

@raymondotango your watch 4 isn’t watch 5 and Samsung have since the watch 5 made it more only compatible with Samsung devices as is their right,  what has worked in the past means nothing. 

It's compatible with android fones it all works u just can't have mobile data