cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't buy Galaxy watch 5 series with having a Samsung phone

Paulbentley1981
Investigator
Investigator

Don't buy any Galaxy Watch 5 or the pro with a mobile plan if you don't have a Samsung phone what they won't tell you is that to use the mobile  plan you can only use the mobile plan with a Samsung phone any other phone and the mobile plan is useless. EE staff will sell you the watch andbsay it works out the box but either there lying or not getting told the correct information. I've got a Pixel 6 and have just got the galaxy watch 5 with mobile plan but mobile plan isn't compatible with the pixel 6 or 6 pro or 6a. Found this out when I ranflg up EE and spoke to someone andn they had to ask the technical department because they don't know

14 REPLIES 14
BrendonH
Community Hero
Community Hero

They do tell you, it even states on the order page if you haven't read it that is not EEs fault

BrendonH (Android Expert) Google Pixel 8 Pro Obsidian Black (Android 14)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Paulbentley1981    Samsung are only doing what Apple have been doing since they released the Apple Watch made it compatible with their devices.  Just because it’s Android it doesn’t mean that manufacture has to make a product compatible with all Android devices.   Even if you ever got it to work not all services on the watch will work as it’s a Samsung watch designed to work with a Samsung phone. 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @Paulbentley1981

Thanks for posting. 

As advised you would need a Samsung phone to connect the watch.

Where did you purchase the watch? 

Leanne.

EE over phone

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Paulbentley1981

I am sorry to hear this has happened. 

Have the team arranged a return for the watch? 

Leanne 🙂

Yeah going to return it and then wait for the pixel watch to come out whenever that is

They never told me when I made the order over the phone, at the end of the call when I asked if it should automatically connect my mobile plan the guy said yes, I even told him a few time during the conversation I had a pixel 6, my galaxy watch had no problems connecting to my pixel phone with mobile plan but not the galaxy watch 5 

@Paulbentley1981   The new watch is more locked down to work with a Samsung device than previous Samsung watches.    Since Samsung have released these watches they have always said it’s only compatible with Samsung phones that fact it did work with other Android devices is just pure luck as these watches are not advertised to work with any other devices then Samsung devices. 

Debbielou35
Explorer

Yeah I'm using mine with blue tooth although paying for a data package it's completely compatible with the pixel phone just needs the mobile package to be aloud it's ridiculous that they don't do this and yep I was also told I could use with pixel with mobile data