cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anyone help with Samsung Device I am locked out of please?

MaryGrace21
Investigator
Investigator

5 REPLIES 5
MaryGrace21
Investigator
Investigator

Really a question. Can a Factory Reset be done using vol. keys and Power button after the device has switched off because it has run out of battery?  Samsung operator took all my details etc. then asked me to plug the device into my computer but could not be done.  

@MaryGrace21 wrote:

then asked me to plug the device into my computer but could not be done.  

What prevents you from putting your phone on charge? You can't perform any function on your device without charge.

My own stupidity really (old lady with no tech knowledge).  I was using an old desk top computer where the USB ports are on the back of the modem which I cannot physically reach without help.  Circumstances make it very difficult for me to get to an authorised Eng. at a shop!  Will this be the only option?

New phone not even set up properly but had put in a password and as I am not used to using touch screen I don't know if password I put in was not the one I intended to put in (although how I have no idea) i was locked out for too many attempts at access but the password I had written down never worked on any of the attempts and am now locked out permanently!  Saw 'how to' Reset on You Tube and Samsung web page which said phone must be off (cannot switch off without password) so wondered if maybe it would work when battery completely flat.  Message says to contact Samsung Customer services and she tells me to plug phone into my computer. 

Is plugging phone into power source via charger same as plugging it into computer just for a power source? I did not understand.

I have no problem plugging it into power via my charger so ???  Unless she misunderstood (more likely I misunderstood).  If they can lock phone up remotely why not unlock it same way if they have so much detail about me? They did not ask for phone number or IMEI number etc. which I expected (don't trust anyone lol) so wondered if it would be possible to do this myself.

You may plug the phone via USB into any USB charger, not just the back of your PC, to charge it.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

I understand that is how you charge up the phone and that is how I have been charging my existing phone for some time, this is why I was questioning why she was asking me to plug it into my computer.  Perhaps she was just asking me to do that  so that it was connected to the power so she could explain how I could do the reset myself and I just misunderstood. 

I had read that you had to let all charge drain out of the locked phone to clear it prior to trying to do the Factory Reset using the Vol. Buttons / Power Button but then you plug in using charger to actually reset the phone but maybe it did not help that I could not really understand the accent so well.