cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I cancel my contract if the Pixel 6 Pro isn't fit for purpose?

elliottcoe
Visitor

I'm having loads of issues with the Pixel 6 Pro, even after the latest January update, constantly having connection issues, some apps just don't have access to the internet and I want to just get rid of this rubbish phone, what laws can I use to make sure I can get out of this contract and return the phone?

6 REPLIES 6
Kirigaya_Kazuto
Star Contributor
Star Contributor
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @elliottcoe

Welcome to the community. Sorry to hear that you're having some connection updates.

Could you try backing up your information and restoring the phone to factory settings. Let us know if it's any better after that.

Chris

Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@elliottcoe  That’s what a warranty is for.   

@Chris_B : The warranty never replaces your statutory rights.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

@XRaySpeX  Never said it did. Warranty gets the device fixed or replaced.   Not fit for purpose 1 year after getting the device isn’t going to get anything sorted as the device wasn’t like that when received.  And if anyone wants to go down that route you’ll need to get an independent report on the device at your own cost to prove the device was not fit for purpose when you got the device and the fault was there already.   

if it’s a software update that’s caused this then that needs looking at and that starts with a factory reset as it could just be a corrupt install.