cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oneplus 7 Pro 5G GM1920 - Crashdump mode in 5G areas

JoshH001
Investigator
Investigator

Had a look online but appears this is an issue with Oneplus manufacturing & EE. 

Whenever the phone enters a 5G zone the phone goes into a Crashdump mode, making the phone inoperable.

Sometimes this happens every so often, other times it's every 5 minutes.

There's been no update for these phones in a considerable amount of time, which I'm sure is long overdue by the EE network team on signing off an update.

Phone is completely fine to use elsewhere, only in 5G zones this happens. Hope someone can advise a solution as buying a phone on contract with yourselves to then not even be able to use 5G is just ridiculous if you don't support these devices anymore!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mikeliuk
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @JoshH001 ,

Is there any option to force usage of 4G technologies on the device so that 5G technologies become a non-issue?

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@JoshH001  looking over the internet it looks like One plus have dropped support for that device.  All updates come from the manufacturer not the network the net just approves the updates. 

mikeliuk
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @JoshH001 ,

Is there any option to force usage of 4G technologies on the device so that 5G technologies become a non-issue?

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net

Thanks, figured out a workaround.

If you go to settings > sim & network > preferred network type > 4g, 3g, 2g auto.

This will force 4g only! 🙂 

@JoshH001   Just tested my One Plus pro 5G in a 5G area and works for me,  I’ve not used my device for a long time so I had to test this. 

Looks like it’s your device that has an issue with 5G.   Have you ever tried to factory reset the device back to stock to see if this issue is still present?