cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apps Open On 4G, But Not On Wi-Fi

TheShad
Explorer

I have a Pixel 7A and it seemed to be fine till recently.

I tried to open an app the other day while at home and it just sat with the login screen just spinning, then stopped.

I tried deleting the cache etc, but no difference.

Today I logged into the app while at work and it logged straight in on 4G, so I tried again when I got home and it wouldn't log in again on my Wi-Fi. I switched to 4G and got in straight away. Tried a few other apps and it's the same.

My phone is obviously on EE but my Wi-Fi is Sky.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

It's something to take up with Sky.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
bristolian
Legend
Legend

WiFi is just a wireless connection between a mobile device and broadband router, so this will be an issue with your Sky broadband.

You can check whether other devices connected to the same broadband have similar problems.

Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @TheShad 

Log into your Sky account and check your Sky broadband shield settings. You need to change the age settings. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

it's already turned off anyway, but I've double checked and it's not changed.

the problem is everything else connected to Sky works with no issues, I can connect other devices, access the apps etc. It just seems to be on my phone, so I wondered if it was something in the Pixel settings.

everything else works fine, it seems to be certain apps that it affects so I wondered if it was something in the Pixel settings.

GillM86
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I have the exact same problem as you. I have an iPhone and more often than not I have to switch the WiFi off when at home if I want to open a website on my phone. Phone is EE WiFi is Sky (and I pay for extra for whole home!) so would be interested if anyone has a solution! Good luck