Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Pro - intermittent hardware sound

Weerab2024
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Hi

I am using a BT TV Pro that I have had since last April and kept it when transferring to EE in February. 

Since last night and this morning I am receiving an intermittent whirling sound that I fear could be the hard drive. 

Would I be able to request a replacement device in a proactive manner rather than reactive? Thanks 

BT TV Pro, EE mini box, Full Fibre 500
6 REPLIES 6
Neil-O
EE Community Support Team

@Weerab2024 Yes, I'd recommend getting in touch with the faults team to request a replacement box. Post back and let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Neil

Neil-O

@Weerab2024 Yes, I'd recommend getting in touch with the faults team to request a replacement box. Post back and let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Neil

Weerab2024
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Thanks @Neil-O  I called them yesterday and they are going to send me out a replacement box after they did some tests at their side.

They had a problem though as when I switched to the New EE, the customer agent messed my order up a bit and the BT TV Pro was put as a return and DarrenDev fixed this for me but it is still marked on the system as a return.

The agent I spoke to yesterday was going to speak to his manager to get the box ordered and he said he would phone me today if there were any further issues. 

Once I get it, I will know it's resolved 🙂 

Weerab2024
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

@Neil-O still no sign of my replacement box or any e-mail or text as a follow up.

Could you please arrange for someone to investigate and see what is happening?

If nothing has been sent out to replace, would it be possible to get an Apple TV instead? 

Many thanks 

John-C

Hi @Weerab2024, sorry you've not received your replacement yet. Please call back and chase this up but if you want to change to the Apple you will need to speak with the sales team.

Cheers

John

I called again this morning and they are looking to get it sorted for me today /tomorrow as someone opened an order but with no action on it, which needs to be closed first.