cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote with a sound bar

Boxproquo
Investigator
Investigator

Can anyone help, please? We have a new setup (moved from BT) . The remote does everything fine on the box APART from volume which turns up the TV. We need the TV to stay mute as we use a sound bar. Currently using 3 remotes! Any pointers welcome…

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Garethrprice
Visitor

Try looking under Settings/Bluetooth Remote and check Volume and Source is set to Set Top Box not TV

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Schockwave
Community Hero
Community Hero

@Boxproquo , have you gone into settings on your TV and made sure that TV speakers are set too off?

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.

Thanks Schockwave but I don’t think that helps; I want the remote to turn the box volume up, as our previous remote does. (As it happens, we’ve never been able to get the TV to recognise the sound bar, it thinks there’s nothing connected). 

@Boxproquo , which soundbar do you have and is there an app for it? I have sonos and there is an app, and that is how I am able to use the TV remove to adjust the sound etc.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.

No, it’s an old Sony, no app. Our BT remote works on it (for volume) but not for everything, hence the multiple remotes. 

Garethrprice
Visitor

Try looking under Settings/Bluetooth Remote and check Volume and Source is set to Set Top Box not TV

That’s done it, thanks Gareth!