cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New EE TV service on Apple TV

karluk
Contributor
Contributor

I understand the new EE TV Service has just been launched, including via a customised EE Apple TV 4K box. I currently have Sky Stream so EE TV via an Apple TV box is a. good proposition. It would be great to hear reviews of the service via Apple TV from those who are early adopters of the service (I assume some trials must have taken place too)

73 REPLIES 73
Cameron145
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Good luck in finding anyone who has successfully ordered it… particularly an existing custome

I have visited 2 different EE stores who had the Apple 4K TV on display as well as the pro box. While they could both demo the pro box, the Apple TV didn’t work 😜

Profile closed
Not applicable

From what I’ve read online it basically works like the ‘TV Launcher’ app available on the App Store, so you already need to have BBC iPlayer etc installed and signed in. 

Then when you select a show from the EE TV app guide it launches the relevant app and streams from there. 

I’m not sure how true that is though as nobody seems to be able to order EE TV.

I was thinking that it would be more like Sky Stream for live TV, but haven’t been able to see them demo in store on the Apple 4K TV.  I wonder whether it actually works yet, given that the boxes in EE stores they can’t even provide a demo😜

The service works - it's been running for many months in trials, however triallists are under NDA and not allowed to discuss it.

It's live now, and we have many customers on it.

Most channels are streamed directly within the EE TV app on the box.  In some cases (where they demand it), we launch the content provider's app to watch the channel instead.

I'll try to find out why EE stores are unable to demo.

I understand you can’t record on Apple TV, but are you able to pause and rewind live TV?

It's not currently possible to pause/rewind live TV on Apple TV, but it's high on our list of priorities for the coming months.

DarrenDev
EE Employee

@karluk could you please let me know which EE stores were unable to demo Apple TV?  I'll reach out to them to find out why and hopefully get them sorted.

robers7
Contributor
Contributor

Working great for me: Video of EE TV live TV in action 

no live pause / rewind / record. Hope they get that rolled out soon