cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New EE TV service on Apple TV

karluk
Contributor
Contributor

I understand the new EE TV Service has just been launched, including via a customised EE Apple TV 4K box. I currently have Sky Stream so EE TV via an Apple TV box is a. good proposition. It would be great to hear reviews of the service via Apple TV from those who are early adopters of the service (I assume some trials must have taken place too)

79 REPLIES 79

@NBLHome there aren't currently any plans to offer an ad removal/skip service on EE TV.

Catch up content is all launched in the respective content provider apps - EE don't store any catch up content.

DarrenDev
EE Employee

Thanks @johnfibarr - I'll pass on your feedback.

@michaelamherst see the comments above yours - this isn't something we can add.

Thanks for clarifying Darren 

Hi darren 

The 4 things i would like added to the app are pause and rewind a playlist and an on screen epg banner oh and also maybe a continue watching rail .

It feels like its not complete in its current format. 

Cheers

somarcsaid
Visitor

I'm really keen to move to this service but already have Apple TV 4K boxes. 

Just to clarify, are we being told that if you log into an existing apple tv 4k device with the EE app installed from the app store that you won't be able to view live channels such as bbc 1  etc. Whereas if the  box is sent from EE you will be able to?  If so this is a dealbreaker for me.

@somarcsaid that is correct.  Your existing Apple TV boxes will be limited to the basic EE TV app experience, with none of the Freeview channels.  There is no workaround and there are no exceptions - it's a contractual requirement from the channel providers.

I’ve just been told by an EE person on chat that the Apple box they are sending me (I didn’t ask for it I wanted a pro box) does record?? Is this right or not? 

Chris_B
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

@Keggsie  you can not record on a AppleTV it’s only a streaming box. 

IMG_6349.pngSo what I’ve been told from EE is incorrect then? The service I’ve had is so shocking.., only been with them a week! 

Weerab2024
Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

@Keggsie The customer service agents knowledge differs depending on who you speak to.

You definitely can't record on Apple TV device but you do get all the channels per the IP mode channel list (not as much as Freeview currently), catch up apps and will give Disney plus and YouTube plus any other app you want, where the TV Pro is limited with its apps.

Once the apple TV box is delivered, and if you still want the TV Pro device, give EE a call, ask for a case to be raised and ask for it to be swapped for a TV Pro device. 

You should then get one sent out plus a return bag for the unwanted Apple TV. 

EE TV Pro, EE mini box, Full Fibre 500