cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix ad-supported plan not supported?

KatieM17
Explorer

Overnight my Netflix stopped working and it said I had no streaming plan. Logged onto Netflix and activated ad-supported plan (can't justify spending twice as much for no adds) but now on tv it states that my plan doesn't support streaming on this device! Any ideas?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
DarrenDev
EE Employee

The ad-supported subscription requires a version of the Netflix app that isn't currently available on EE TV boxes - this is why we don't offer it as an available option on our TV packages.

Thanks Darren. So there is no way o watching Netfflix ad-supported with an EE TV Box? If not, why was this never mentioned when the switch was made from BT to EE?

We don't sell ad-supported subscriptions @KatieM17 , and the same is true from BT too, so it would never be something we'd need (or even think of) to mention.  You've bought your subscription separately, which isn't something we'd directly "support".

I would expect that the TV Box Pro will receive the updated app some time in the future - I can't say for certain.  The older boxes may get it too, but it's less likely as ad-insertion is more complicated on them.