cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ee tv remote problems?

Eastie19
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

my Ee pro box and mini boxes were activated today along with the smart hub plus - seems ok apart from I can’t turn ant tv off or on  with the Ee remotes of change source button which is strange , means I will need to use 2 remotes 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yes, it'll definitely work with the EE TV Box Pro and EE TV Box Mini

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Eastie19   Providing the EE box has a ARC hdmi port and your TV also has this and it’s listed as being able to do this then it’s not possible.        

I don’t have a box with me to actually look in to this.   I can not find anything on the web about this.  

Eastie19
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

The remotes are linked to the tvs as it controls the volume fine , just  won’t switch tv on or off and source button does nothing when pressed on all 3 boxes 

HenryTudor8
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I can’t remember the key combination (I’m in bed with flu) but the short guides that come with the big and small tv boxes tell you how to pair your remote with the tv. It’s a different combination for the different boxes, but it is super easy. It’s worked for me. 

Eastie19
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Home and 9 paired for sound but not for source or power on or off 

HenryTudor8
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I’m just guessing, but is your EE box in the eARC port? Mine all work as they should and the tv box is in the ordinary hdmi port to the tv. My TV’s have Sonos soundbars and these have to go into the eARC port. 

DarrenDev
EE Employee

The TV Box Pro and TV Box Mini both use the HDMI connection to identify your TV and automatically configured the remote accordingly.  Unfortunately, not all TVs are supported, and some TVs incorrectly identify themselves as something other than what they are.

If you've used Home+9 to reset your remote, then this is all you can do - that's the best you're going to get.

You could choose to buy one of the older infra-red remote controls online, which allows you to try different codes to pair with your TV.  They will work with the newer boxes, but only if directly pointed at the box (i.e. there's no Bluetooth).

Eastie19
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Please could you tell me which remote I’d need , not worried about Bluetooth , just remotes compatible with the new ee pro and mini boxes - do bt/Ee sell the infrared ones ? 

DarrenDev
EE Employee
Eastie19
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Looks good to me - are you sure they will work with the new ee pro and mini boxes - if so I will order now