content lock

Nesamoningas7
Visitor

Hello. How can i unlock content lock please? Cannot find anywhere 

60 REPLIES 60
Craig861
Visitor

How can I unlock content lock on pay as you go 

@Craig861 : On PAYG you can't control Content Lock from your MyEE. Instead you need to call EE with a credit card handy & pay a refundable token amount to prove you are over 18. Alternatively you can visit an EE store with some photo ID.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Hi I'm pay as you go

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @Garymurdoch

To remove content lock on pay as you go you will be required to either give us a call on 150 or visit your local EE Store with photo ID. 

Katie

Why do I have to go out of my way to turn off a feature I wasn’t asked to be turned on?  The nearest EE store is a 30 minute drive away.  Is EE paying for my petrol? 

James_B

Hi @bobbypdue,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Have you tried managing your content lock settings at My EE - Content unlock?

James

Obviously if the option was there I would have w used it before posting in a forum. That option isn’t available for pay as you go, for some odd reason. The card I use to pay for that subscription is the same one I’d use for verification. Also what’s the point in a contact lock that can be bypassed with a VPN or by just getting on WiFi?
James_B

Hi @bobcollins59,

If you're a pay as you go customer, you can verify your age with a credit card here.

Hope this helps.

James 

I shouldn't have to go and verify who I am with the credit card I'm already using to pay for my pay as you go subscription.  And it's pointless anyway since the "safeguard" is rendered useless as soon as my phone connects to a VPN or much more commonly WiFi.  
Additionally the lock never should have been put in place without asking me.  My card doesn't work for the verification even though it's the one I use to pay with and again if I didn't try to fix it myself, I wouldn't be here complaining about it.  I had to call up EE and waste more time for a feature I didn't want. 
James_B

Is it a credit or debit card @bobbypdue?

James