cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Someone is SIM swap attacking me and EE are closed **bleep**

JuicyVeganDwarf
Explorer

It seems like EE have messed up again and allowed someone to compromise my account and do a SIM swap attack. 

I have tried calling them but they are closed until the morning. I cannot believe this useless telecommunications company firstly allowed my account to be compromised and secondly don’t have 24/7 support. 

They have now given the attacker the rest of the night to try and commit crimes. My phone is saying no service yet other people in the house have EE phones and all working. I have checked the network status and no issues. So it has to be a SIM swap crime taking place. 

How can EE be aware of these situations but still choose to close all means of contact during the nignt. This is a disgrace! 

2 REPLIES 2
chistery
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Hi @JuicyVeganDwarf  There could be many reasons why you have no service. EE are open 24 hours a day to report lost and stolen SIMs though, so you call, hang on, ignore all the talk about being closed and you will get through to someone.

https://ee.co.uk/help/help-new/safety-and-security/lost-stolen-and-damaged/my-device-has-been-lost-o... 

If you just want to discuss it, then yes you'll have to wait till they open.

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @JuicyVeganDwarf,

As @chistery mentioned, the issue you're experiencing doesn't necessarily indicate there has been a SIM swap on your account.

Please get in touch with Customer Care so a member of the team can review your account.

They'll be happy to help. 🙂

James