cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible scam or legit EE Xmas giveaway text?

gem442
Visitor

Hi, I received a text this morning apparently from EE offering me to be entered into a Christmas giveaway, I just had to click a link & opt in. It seems legit, text has EE logos, looks like other marketing texts I’ve received from EE, I tried googling it but found no-one talking about this so that made me wary that it might be a scam. The link leads to an eoi . ee. co.uk page where it asked for me to enter my phone number, I haven’t done so as just wanted to check whether this was a legit EE thing or not, any confirmation one way or another would be appreciated! Thanks!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
John-C
EE Community Support Team

Hi All, I can confirm that we are running a Big Gift Giveaway today. Customers will receive either SMS, MMS, E-mail or in App chance to win some retail vouchers.

Cheers

John

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Cazg
Contributor
Contributor

I got the same to an email not registered with EE so deleted as assumed phishing 

Jessibubblegum
Visitor

Can someone from Ee respond please - I got the same message

leahck
Visitor

IMG_5469.png

was it this? i got one too 

John-C
EE Community Support Team

Hi All, I can confirm that we are running a Big Gift Giveaway today. Customers will receive either SMS, MMS, E-mail or in App chance to win some retail vouchers.

Cheers

John

grayJ81
Visitor

Just rang them it is NOT a Scam they say its giving away vouchers.

Is there anyway to get the link to this, I had this and lost it.

j0hnh
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

i haven’t tested it but it’s:
eoi.ee.co.uk

Just realised the full address:

https://eoi.ee.co.uk/?intcam=con_ee_eng_ee_h_na_c13christmas_na_2023-12-14

still haven’ clicked on it 

See this post about a scam version of that text, asking for account details.

https://community.bt.com/t5/Announcements-Guides-Community/Big-Gift-Giveaway-SMS-to-my-mobile/m-p/23...