cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi-Factor Authentication

joeblackwell81
Visitor

I'm sure this isn't a new topic, but I'm keen to understand why EE does not enforce (or at least allow) users to set up and use multi-factor authentication on their accounts to help protect themselves against scammers and bad actors. SIM swapping scams are real, and phishing is always a threat so it seems completely baffling that in 2023 EE does not have MFA options available to it's customers to setup.

So much of our daily lives are linked to our mobile phones. The About Us page on the EE website states that the company vision is to "provide the best network and best service so our customers trust us with their digital lives", but how can we trust you with our digital lives and take this seriously when you're not implementing industry standard security measures that would help keep us and our accounts safe?

Are you able to explain the reasoning behind this decision, please? How many other EE uers would like to see MFA available on their account?

2 REPLIES 2
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @joeblackwell81 

We have strict security measures to protect your personal information. We check your identity when you get in touch with us, and we follow our security procedures and apply suitable technical measures, such as encryption, to protect your information.

EE Privacy Policy >

Thanks

Chris

MFleet24
Visitor

Just joined EE. Disappointed to see they haven't got 2FA in place. Neither do O2 (which was one of the many reasons I left them).
I guess these big companies don't want to spend money ensuring the security of their customers when there are bonuses to be handed out in the boardroom at BT 🙂