cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fake text???

Andy208
Investigator
Investigator

Had a couple of text now from 1175 claiming to be EE offering unlimited data for £5, deleted them as didn't think it seemed legit. Real or Fake??? Thanks.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Andy208   That is an EE text.  You might be able to still get this offer if you go to THIS and scroll across to unlimited.    It’s a rolling monthly add on until you stop it.  

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Are you on PAYG? They sound like the random loyalty offers you get from time-to-time.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

On monthly contract, not had text before with that number, didn't want to click on any dodgy links.

Don't go there but what was the link?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

No link in text had to reply Yes to the text, to receive unlimited data for an extra £5 p/m, didn't reply, deleted the text as I didn't recognise the 1175 number, not a number I've seen before in all the years I've been with EE.

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Andy208,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

This does sound like a genuine text from EE. Our Customer Care Team will be happy to check if you get in touch.

James

@Andy208   That is an EE text.  You might be able to still get this offer if you go to THIS and scroll across to unlimited.    It’s a rolling monthly add on until you stop it.  

Thanks for the replies everyone,  seems it's a genuine text, not really interested in the offer at this point in time,  but should an offer come up again from this number, nice to know it's not going to be scammers.