Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Broadband Customer

Adamhowells99
Investigator
Investigator

Hello, 

My broadband goes live with EE tomorrow up until 23:59 pm, I currently have sky plugged in and work from home - will my sky be live until I get a text from EE and then plug my EE broadband in? 
not sure how the switch over works so any help will be great! 
thank you 

4 REPLIES 4
JimM11
Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

@Adamhowells99 A lot depends on your current type of connection for the broadband as to when sky is switched off and EE take over. I prepped the EE router before my sky switch off by keeping the same ssid, and password on the new EE router. Luck had it that sky was still up when EE texted to say that the switch was done, swapped the router and as everything was the same, all devices connected fine, and was up and running in 10 mins. Router then updated it's FW when it was first connected, so that forces a re-boot but no real issues, If you are so lucky it may even happen after your day is over for work but it can happen anytime, haven't kept the text but sure it was very early in the morning when the switch occurred.

That’s brilliant help! Thank you so much
Kind Regards

Adam Howells

@Adamhowells99 Just remembered, it was an e-mail from EE, so my switch was like yours on a Monday, and the e-mail arrived at 02.23am on that MONDAY morning saying you are now live, so very early in the morning in my case, as normally up around 5.00am i switched it over then, must have been ok as the wife would have been giving me the hardest of times....

Haha! That’s brilliant, thank you so much 🙂