cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE Cyber Security powered by Norton

Sean_D
Former EE Community Manager

Going online opens up your whole world. But it can also put your devices and identity at risk. If you want extra peace of mind and to better protect your devices and identity, look no further than EE Cyber Security Powered by Norton™.

It's super easy. You can add EE Cyber Security to your EE mobile plan, and it comes with a range of features to help keep you protected on either 2 or up to 15 devices. It will work on Android and iOS smartphones and tablets, Windows PCs, and Macs.

For that, you’ll get a range of features, including:

Dark Web Monitoring1 - Online fraud and data breaches are on the rise and if information is taken it could end up on the Dark Web. We’ll regularly monitor if your personal information is on the dark web, which includes email addresses, bank or investment account numbers, credit card numbers, phone numbers, physical addresses, insurance accounts, driver’s license numbers, mother’s maiden name, and gamer tags and notify you if any of it has been found so you can act fast.

Device Security - Believe it or not, devices today can still get viruses—and that includes mobiles. Device Security offers real-time protection for your Windows™ PC, Mac®, or Android™ devices against ransomware, viruses, spyware, malware, and other online threats. It also monitors and helps block unauthorized traffic, as well as helps to protect your private and financial information when you go online.

On iOS devices, it alerts you when your operating system is out of date, so you can take action to secure and protect your device against its vulnerabilities that cybercriminals may use to take control of it or steal your personal information.

Online Threat Protection - Today’s online threats are complex, but our advanced security technology helps stop the latest attacks before they reach your device. Our goal is to help protect your private and financial information when you go online.

Social Media Monitoring2 - Social media is full of great stuff, but it can be a dangerous place too. Social Media Monitoring is here to help. It monitors your accounts on the most popular social media sites and notifies you of suspicious activity, like changes to your account settings, unusual logins, and risky links in your posts.

SMS Security3 - Cybercriminals are not just targeting emails for scams but now text messages too. SMS Security helps to identify text messages with unsafe links, notifying you so you don’t put your personal information at risk. It works seamlessly on Android and iOS devices.

Report Card - Get a summary of all the activities that we've done to help protect you, your device, and the information stored on it in the last 30 days.

Password Manager - When you’re leading a busy life, it can be hard enough to remember what day it is, never mind remembering that 12-digit passcode for your bank account. And using the same or weak passwords can make your accounts vulnerable to cybercriminals’ attacks. That’s where Norton Password Manager comes in. It’s a one-stop shop for managing your passwords, credit card information, and other credentials, more securely and in one place.

And if your password ideas are running dry, Norton Password Manager can even generate strong passwords for greater peace of mind.

It’s all here in one app and it’s ready to help protect you, in one simple solution, wherever you are.

T&C’s

No one can prevent all cybercrime or identity theft.

1Dark Web Monitoring is not available in all countries. Monitored information varies based on the country of residence. It defaults to monitor your email address and begins immediately. Sign into your account to enter more information for monitoring.

2 Social Media Monitoring is only available on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube. On Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn only the account takeover feature is available. Does not include monitoring of chats or direct messages. May not identify cyberbullying, explicit, or illegal content, or hate speech. 

3iMessages not supported.

How can I add EE Cyber Security to my Mobile?

There are two plans available – EE Cyber Security Duo and EE Cyber Security Multi. You can add EE Cyber Security Duo to your mobile plan for just £2 extra a month covering 2 devices or add EE Cyber Security Multi for just £5 extra a month covering up to 15 devices. It’s a 30-day rolling contract. You can add it to your mobile plan over the phone or in one of our stores. You can also add it via your My EE account online or via the My EE app.

What browsers and operating systems support EE Cyber Security?

Windows™ PC and Mac® (desktops and laptops), and iOS and Android™ devices.

Windows™ Operating Systems

Microsoft Windows™ 11 (all versions).

Microsoft Windows™ 10 (all versions).

Microsoft Windows™ 8/8.1 (all versions). Some protection features are not available in Windows 8 Start screen browsers.

Microsoft Windows™ 7 (32-bit and 64-bit) with Service Pack 1 (SP 1), or later versions of Windows with SHA2 support.

Mac® Operating Systems

The current and previous two versions of Mac OS.

SafeCam, Parental Control, and Cloud Backup features are not supported.

Android™ Operating Systems

Android 8.0 or later. Must have Google Play app installed.

iOS Operating Systems

iPhones or iPads running the current and previous two versions of Apple® iOS.

Not all features are available on all devices or all operating systems.

SafeCam is only available on Windows (excluding Windows 10 in S mode and Windows running on ARM Processor).

How to set up EE Cyber Security?

After subscribing to EE Cyber Security, first activate it, then install the software on your devices.

Set up on Windows

1. Use the link in your text message to activate your service or log in to My EE
  2. If you’re using Cyber Security for the first time, select Activate and you’ll be taken to the My Norton Portal.
  3. In the My Norton portal, agree to the terms and enter your email to activate Dark Web Monitoring. 
  4. If you’re installing on Windows 11/10 in S mode, click Get it from Microsoft and you’ll be taken to the Microsoft store to download it.
  5. Once the download is finished, run the downloaded installer from your internet browser. 
  6. If a User Account Control window appears, click Continue and follow the instructions you see.

Set up on Mac

These instructions are just for Macs, you can find instructions for iPhone and iPad below.

1. Use the link in your text message to activate your service or log in to My EE
  2. If you’re using Cyber Security for the first time, select Activate and you’ll be taken to the My Norton Portal.
  3. If you need to log into the Norton Portal, use your EE login details.
  4. In the My Norton portal, agree to the terms and enter your email to activate Dark Web Monitoring. 
  5. The current and previous two versions of Mac OS are compatible with Cyber Security

SafeCam, Parental Control, and Cloud Backup features are not supported.

If you need more detailed instructions for setting up Cyber Security on Mac, read Download and install your Norton device security product on Mac

Set up on Android

3. In the My Norton portal, agree to the terms and enter your email to activate Dark Web Monitoring. 
  4. You will be redirected to the Google Play Store app. 
  5. In the Google Play Store app, find the Cyber Security app and select Install.
  6. Accept the License and Services Agreement and our Global Privacy Statement, then tap Continue.

You must have Android 8.0 or later. Must have Google Play app installed.

If you can’t install the Cyber Security app on your mobile device, make sure your device has the latest version of Google Play Store app downloaded, and all the latest system updates installed.

Set up on iPhone or iPAD

3. In the My Norton portal, agree to the terms and enter your email to activate Dark Web Monitoring. You’ll be taken to the App Store.
  4. Tap Get > Install > Done.
  5. When the download finishes, tap Open to launch the app.
  6. Accept the License and Services Agreement and our Global Privacy Statement, then tap Continue.
  7. Type in your EE account email address and password, and then tap Sign In.

Works on iPhones or iPads running the current and previous two versions of Apple® iOS.

How do I set up NortonTM Password Manager – browser extension?

Norton™ Password Manager is available to download directly from the Norton Dashboard by logging in through My EE, Google Play Store, and Apple App Store. You will need to have My EE account details. You can also download and install Norton™ Password Manager via My EE. To do this:

1. Log in to My EE 
  2. Add-on and benefits
  3. Select EE Cyber Security and select Manage. This will take you to Norton Dashboard.
  4. Locate Password Manager and follow the instructions to install a browser extension.
  5. Sign in to the browser extension with EE ID. 
  6. Follow the instructions to create and manage your vault. 

You can find further Norton™ password support on the Norton™ website

How do I set up NortonTM Password Manager app?

1. Launch the Play Store or App store and search for "Norton Password Manager".
  2. From the search results, select Norton Password Manager.
  3. Tap Install to start the installation.
  4. When the installation finishes, tap Open to launch the app.
  5. Read the User License Agreement, and then tap Agree & Launch.
  6. Select “Sign in with your service provider”
  7. Enter EE  as your “partner ID”
  8. Confirm your Partner 
  9. Sign in with your EE ID  and password
  10. Do one of the following:
    • To open your Norton Password Manager vault on your device faster, you can set up a PIN. Tap Set up PIN code, select a 4-digit PIN code and confirm it.
    • To skip the PIN set-up and start using Norton Password Manager, tap Skip for Now.

Norton Password Manager set-up is now complete and you can access your saved logins, addresses, wallet, notes, and favorites from the online vault

2 REPLIES 2
Icemankool
Investigator
Investigator

Cant get the app to work on my Galaxy Note 10+.

Installed:

touch it to open..

"Subscribe": opens up CS home page..

"Choose your plan (duo) "log in to add"..

That's it.. doesn't tell me anything else about Cyber security!

Shows me my current active add -ons (which includes Mi Threat Defense (with an "s"!?) which can't be removed.

But nowhere can I see how to activate cyber security.. Or is it that the threat defence (spelt properly with a "C") over rides Cyber Security?

Help please!

Many Thanks

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Icemankool 

Thanks for coming here. 

If you log into your My EE app and select add-ons, can you activate Cyber Security through the app? 

Leanne.