cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aruba Captive Portal - EE authentication Codes not being received

Sachy32
Investigator
Investigator

At my business we use Aruba Captive Portal for Guest access, where the user connects to the SSID and has to register to receive a pin code via either text (sms) or email. If the user has an EE mobile sim card the SMS authorisation code never comes through, however all other mobile operators work perfectly fine ?

Does EE block authentication requests to Captive Portals or is there a way of getting this issue resloved ?

5 REPLIES 5
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Sachy32 

Welcome to the community.

I'm not familiar with that software, and I'm not aware of something that would block those messages. How long has this been a problem?

Chris

Thanks for replying Chris.

I would say it started being reported by users about 6months ago, it was working fine and all of a sudden any user trying to receive a sms on the EE network for the Aruba portal would fail. Anyone on O2, Vodafone, 3 etc.. works and is received with no problems.

Christopher_G

OK, thanks @Sachy32 

Is it definitely 100% of EE users that are having the problem. Roughly how many examples are you aware of?

Chris

In our offices and looking at tickets reported from staff and guests who come to site, I have 47. These have all been complaints about them not receiveing the sms message and confirm they are using EE on their mobile phone. 

100% no complaints or ticket of the same issue from users on Vodafone, O2 or Three. As part of my troubleshooting when I found this issue, every user I spoke to today (around 15) 12 are on EE and couldnt authenticate because they didnt get the sms message and the other three were on another mobile carrier and it was successful. 

Its weird, I am an EE user and looked through my profile of any blocks and Aruba have confirm they dont block anything and send this is a carrier issue. 

Because EE are a majority favourite of many users in London and the UK, it stands out more as an issue as people would generally prefer to receive the sms code rather than filling out their email info as it can take longer to be received. 

Katie_B

Thanks for getting back to us @Sachy32

With the number of examples you are seeing I would recommend reporting this to our technical care team. 

As you are an EE user the team will be able to run some diagnostics to see why this has suddenly occurred. 

It would be great if you could also keep us updated here on the community. 

Kstie