cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3rd party fraudulent charges

Simon208
Investigator
Investigator

Have just received a bill with £239.37 fraudulent extra charges over 11 days for a Sony account.

Have phoned EE who just told me it was nothing to do with them and to speak to Sony, despite perpetuating fraudulent activity. The have put a block on any further third party charges. This is a known issue within the community with no obvious solution. I have spotted this immediately so would hope for a full resolution.

11 REPLIES 11
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Simon208  You have to speak with Sony.  They have charged you this and your EE bill is only the payment method.      

Most reputable companies, when financial fraud is raised would at least offer to pause while it is investigated. Currently EE are being used as a conduit for fraud.

I am trying to get hold of Sony.

@Simon208 EE are not charging you Sony is.  EE is only passing over the payment as it’s been made against your account. 

Simon208
Investigator
Investigator

As I say, conduit for fraud. The disinterest in addressing this by EE is well documented and saddening.

@Simon208   As I said Sony.   Sony are requesting payment from you.   EE are not a bank and EE don’t know if this is fraudulent or not regardless of whether you say it is.    It’s a payment that you don’t want to pay that’s all and you can not prove to EE that it wasn’t you who actually did this transaction.   Your denial isn’t proof on its own.  

Colstalex
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

You can ask EE to block all future payments like this from your account, I would do that first.

Thank you, I have already done this.

Cakey1975
Investigator
Investigator

Have you managed to get your money back this too has just happened to us and we are unable to speak to anyone at Sony as we don’t have an account 

EE are acting as a payment provider, they are taking customers money and sending it to third party. This EE are not a bank line is simply not right