cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to receive calls after switching providers.

rachelco1974
Explorer

I have recently changed mobile providers from EE to VM.

I received the first text message saying welcome to VM and the date my contract would end with EE. I received a second email to confirm that the switch was complete, but now I can not receive calls. When people try to call they get EE answer phone and I will receive a text message saying I missed a call.

I have already tried the following to resolve the issue:

• Factory resetting the new phone
  • Placing my new sim card into an old device, to rule out a device issue
  • Manually searching for a network operator rather than automatically, and selecting Virgin, I have also selected my old provider and then switched back.
  • Reset the network settings on the mobile
  • Placing the phone into airplane mode and then restarting it
  • Verifying the correct number was selected under 'Chat Features' within the messaging app
  • Turning 'Chat Features' off completely

This is very frustrating as I use my phone for work and personal.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Good morning @rachelco1974

Welcome to the community. 

I would recommend giving your new network provider a call and speaking with their technical care team. 

The team should be able to check your number port and if an error has occurred. 

Katie

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Good morning @rachelco1974

Welcome to the community. 

I would recommend giving your new network provider a call and speaking with their technical care team. 

The team should be able to check your number port and if an error has occurred. 

Katie

Trying to get through to Virgin Mobiles Tech Support can be, how can I put it, quiet challenging, you might be better off posting your query on Virgins Community Support -

https://community.virginmedia.com/