cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tried 2 SIMs, think it's phone problem, how do I order replacement E SIM?

KeithBro
Investigator
Investigator

5 REPLIES 5
chistery
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

I assume you don't have a working SIM and on a pay monthly contract? How have you tried two SIMs? Did EE replace one, and the new one doesn't work?

If you don't have a  working SIM you can't request an eSIM as it sends a code to your current SIM to confirm your identity. If you have an EE store near you, pop in with ID and get a new SIM or eSIM.

Yes to replacement SIM didn't work and paying monthly; can I change deal/contract and get an E SIM that way?

@KeithBro   It’s nothing todo with the tariff to have an eSim .  You say you’re a contract customer that means you can have use of the esim in your device.   But you will have to call customer service and explain what your issue is and they can get the esim on your device activated without sending you a text to authorise the change to esim.  

Can you try those SIM cards in a different device?  This way you rule out the sim or your device and can you try a known working sim in your device ? 

• Yep did try them in another phone and they worked 🤷🏻‍♂️
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for getting back to us @KeithBro

Have you previously been able to use your SIM OK?

If both SIMs don't work in your device this would indicate a device issue rather than a SIM issue. 

What phone are you using?

Katie