Span not Not

alistairmck1
Contributor
Contributor

hi,  last month a got a new EE number,  as I was having countless issues with my previous provider Vodafone, I know EE number has been a recycled number as when I was adding my new number to my social media account,  I was getting back "this number is already on our system". since I've had this new number, I keep getting text message from BPO,  about 3 to 4 texts a week,  but got a phone call from them today,  its was an automatted system,  said something like,  press 1 to speak to someone, press 2 if you think we have the wrong person,  I pressed 2 and they cut me off.  its a waste of tie blocking their number as each text message has been from a different number. I contacted Sky last week and they said contact EE,  I've not done anything about this in term of contacting EE,  my EE Account is fully paid, and BPO is not in my name, but a Mr Currie.  I don't want to contact EE as I know this first thing they'll want to do is change my number,  which I don't want to do as already given my new number to family/Friends.  what should my next step be ?

thanks in advance for any replies/help

spam.jpg
[Mod edit: Image rejected as it contained personal information]

2 REPLIES 2
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @alistairmck1 

Welcome to the community.

Apart from contacting the companies in question, the only solution I can suggest is to change the number, which I understand you're reluctant to do.

Chris

bristolian
Legend
Legend

The quarantine period for numbers being recycled is quite lengthy, precisely to avoid this scenario. It's also possible someone else has a similar number, and is using yours in error.