Sim and PUK

Datze
Investigator
Investigator

My S10 broke and I thought, whilst I am waiting for a new phone I will put my SIM into my old S7 that is unblocked phone and I use it when abroad inserting local cards. Surprise! It asked for a sim PUK, that I entered however message popped up and said that unable to connect. If I am inserting sim back into my old phone, it works (until phone switches off and then not turning on for hours). Meaning I am unable to call anyone as the S10 just switches off for no reason, yet sim seems to be blocked for use on that specific phone only. How do I unblock that sim?

8 REPLIES 8
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Datze 

Thanks for coming here. 

If the SIM card works in all other phones this should work for you. Can you try another EE SIM to see if the phone shows the same message? 

Leanne.

I have only one EE sim card and it doesn't work. That number is attached to my business and I am loosing income every hour due to not being able to use the sim in unblocked phone.

Leanne_T

Hi @Datze 

Does any other network SIM work in the phone if you have that you can test?

Leanne.

As my original post says, last time I was abroad, local sim cards worked. Also, previous O2 sim card worked, just after switching to EE, I found out your sim card doesn't work on Samsung S7. The puk code that is available on the website for my card is not accepted.

Datze
Investigator
Investigator

First message: SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK.

After entering the PUK provided on the EE website for my card, the following message comes up: "Network unlock request unsuccessful".

James_B

Hi @Datze,

Which Android version are you using?

If the phone wasn't purchased direct from EE and is using Android 9 or below, there may be compatibility issues.

James

It's Android 8

James_B

Hi @Datze,

As that Android version is no longer receiving updates from Samsung, you may see some compatibility issues with EE SIM cards.

James