Sim Card

Danny1398
Investigator
Investigator

Just purchased a new iphone from Apple and went to put my sim card from my old phone into my new one but now it’s showing no service, i have tried resetting my phone, aeroplane mode etc but nothing is working?

8 REPLIES 8
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Does the SIM still work in your old phone?

It does not
bristolian
Legend
Legend

That suggests the problem is network, SIM or account-related - SIMs don't tend to fail randomly though.

Check for a local coverage outage using "check status" on https://coverage.ee.co.uk/coverage/ee 

If nothing's reported, ask friends or relatives locally who are on EE, if they have any loss of service. Else you'll need to contact EE CS to report issues, or visit an EE shop. CS are on 0800 0798586 from any working phone, if necessary.

My coverage is perfectly fine and this has only started to happen since putting the sim card in my new phone - no one else i know i have service issues and i can’t call customer service as i have no signal at all

Danny1398
Investigator
Investigator

Hi, does anyone know what the best thing would be to do as i’m trying to use my current sim and put it in my new phone - it all fits etc but it keeps saying no service 

i have tried to reset the phone, aeroplane mode and to contact EE but of course i can’t call due to having no service - I was thinking to request a new sim from EE but i’m not sure?

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Danny1398 

Thanks for coming here. 

When setting up the iPhone did you select eSIM as the SIM option? 

Have you received a new SIM card within the packaging of the new phone? 

Leanne.

Hi,

i don’t think i selected it but it was already a chosen option when i got into the phone and no i didn’t get a new SIM as the phone was purchased from apple directly

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Thanks @Danny1398 

I would suggest getting in touch with our tech guides on 07953 966 150 from any other phone and they will get this looked into for you and see what is needed. 

Leanne.