cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Number port complete but not working

IC53
Explorer

I am having the same problem.  I transferred two mobile phone numbers from BT.  I received SIM cards that were supposed to be activated. I had to call three times to get the PAC Code to work from BT, but the line wouldn't work on the temporary number.  We were told the SIM and line would be working today.  The number has ported, EE as provider comes up on the phone, but the phone still doesn't work - no line out, blips three times when you try to call, and it terminates.  I can't even call 150.  Absolute shambles. There must be an ombudsman to complain to, as with you, I bet we are not the only ones this has happened to.  Please let me know if you find a solution.  I'll do the same. 🙂

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bristolian
Legend
Legend

You can contact EE CS on 0800 0798586 from any working phone.

Ombudsman will only accept complaints from individual customers once you have exhausted any internal complaints process first, which can potentially take 8weeks. It's not the best method for resolving faults in the first instance - far better to persist with CS.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
bristolian
Legend
Legend

You can contact EE CS on 0800 0798586 from any working phone.

Ombudsman will only accept complaints from individual customers once you have exhausted any internal complaints process first, which can potentially take 8weeks. It's not the best method for resolving faults in the first instance - far better to persist with CS.

Customer Services are a complete waste of space.  I have had four calls now over the past 3 days, and yet I have only just learned about what is wrong and why people cannot access services after being ported across from BT. 

Finally I got to speak with somebody with actual knowledge and a solution.  As BT are no longer providng mobile line services, when they port old numbers to new providers, they are telling EE to issue data-only SIM cards.  So tomorrow, I have to waste more of my time driving miles to my nearest town centre, with ID, and request SIM cards that provide telephone and data.

What a complete shambles.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @IC53 

I am very sorry to hear this has happened. 

Please let us know how you get on after visiting the EE Store. 

Leanne.

@IC53 wrote:

they are telling EE to issue data-only SIM cards. 

A data-only SIM is most unusual, whereas a data-only plan is far more believable. I suspect some (well-intentioned) CS porkies being told here, but all the same.

Lukeg33
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I have the same problem as I transferred my number over from o2 and I have no service at all and only found out ealyer ago today when the number got transferred over from o2 and not all the files that is needed have not got transferred over with it so I have to just got to sit and wait now well EE shorts the problem out.