cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting my old number

RVC
Investigator
Investigator

Hi, last week I ordered a PAYG SIM from EE which arrived today. At time of ordering, EE asked for the PAC code from my old provider which I gave them and on the order confirmation email it says my number will be transferred within 24 hours, but it’s unclear to me when the 24 hours starts from.

Right now the SIM from my old provider is still working and it’s been over 24 hours (not including the weekend). Do I need to activate my new EE SIM before the porting process begins? Or is it automatic? 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bristolian
Legend
Legend

PACs are normally actioned the working day after submission. When you've provided the PAC as part of a new SIM order, then they are normally treated as submitted the day after you first activate the SIM with its temporary number. Weekend days do not count towards this clock.

If you want to be sure, contact EE CS on 150.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
bristolian
Legend
Legend

PACs are normally actioned the working day after submission. When you've provided the PAC as part of a new SIM order, then they are normally treated as submitted the day after you first activate the SIM with its temporary number. Weekend days do not count towards this clock.

If you want to be sure, contact EE CS on 150.

Thanks for your reply @bristolian , I was waiting for my old SIM to lose service before switching to the new one (so I’d be with my “old” number for as long as possible while the porting happened)

Just activated the new SIM, hopefully it’s all sorted in the next 24 hours.

RVC
Investigator
Investigator

Had an email from my old provider confirming my services had been cancelled, hard to tell whether it actually has or not because my iPhone recognises my old number and the signal is showing at 0 bars rather than “No service”.

Meanwhile my EE SIM is definitely still on the new number. Had a few new texts from them - I signed up and paid £10 for a £10 pack but apparently I only have £5 credit and need to top up again to use the pack? Can’t check my account either because I can’t link my account to my device because I don’t know which number to use, the ‘Manage’ tab of the app simply doesn’t work, and ‘My Account’ page in browser tells you nothing at all.

Tried to re-fill in the form to transfer my number to see if that will help and I’m met with a technical error and “please try again later”.

This is a lot more hassle than it needed to be.

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @RVC 

Welcome to the community.

The number port can take up until midnight to fully complete. Could you try linking the number again tomorrow and let us know if it works then please?

Chris

RVC
Investigator
Investigator

Tried again today and still nothing. On mobile browser I'm met with the same "technical error", so I tried on a desktop browser and got a little further but still no luck - it seems to think I'm entering an incorrect PAC code (presumably because the code had already been used and service from my old provider has been cut off now)

And of course still no sign of my old number being ported yet.

Leanne_T

Hi @RVC 

You would get an error if the PAC has already been provided and is registered with us for the transfer to go ahead. 

Can you text NUMBER to 150 from the EE SIM, what number shows in the reply is this the new EE number? 

Leanne 🙂

Just tried this and it replied with the new EE number

Leanne_T

Thanks @RVC 

Please call us on 150, and the team can get this looked into for you. 

Leanne.