cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting from Plusnet to eSIM contract

RS3100
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I made the switch from Plusnet to an EE SIM only contract on Saturday via EE customer service, as I wanted to include something that was not in the standard Plusnet to EE offer, which the agent agreed to. I opted for an eSIM and was told that I would receive a link to download it by email.

I gave my PAC code also, and I understand that this can take two working days, but from what I've read it seems that the porting process won't start until I have connected to EE with the new eSIM.

I received an order confirmation on Saturday and two emails first thing yesterday notifying me of my new account and direct debit instruction. In MyEE, both online and via the mobile app, I can see my account details with a current call, text and data allocation, and what I assume is the temporary number allocated to my eSIM until my old number has ported.

But I don't know how to get my new EE eSIM. I understood from my conversation with the agent that I would receive an email link to download it, but have also read in other posts here that I would find the link when logged in to the MyEE app, and finally that neither of those apply and that I will receive a physical SIM by post that I will have to activate before I can switch to an eSIM.

So just wondering which is correct please, or whether I should already be doing something else to obtain the eSIM?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RS3100
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Chris,

I thought I'd wait until after today's post before making contact, and a letter containing my eSIM QR code and welcome pack arrived today.

Just adding this for future reference should anyone see this topic when searching a similar question in future.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @RS3100 

Welcome to the community.

If you have a chat with our Mobile Care team, they'll be able to check your account to see how the order has been processed and advise you further with the activation process.

Chris

RS3100
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Chris,

I thought I'd wait until after today's post before making contact, and a letter containing my eSIM QR code and welcome pack arrived today.

Just adding this for future reference should anyone see this topic when searching a similar question in future.

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for coming back to let us know, @RS3100 🙂

Chris