cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning to leave, guidance for a stress free exit.

ebodjarvo
Investigator
Investigator

Hi All, I've been EE for many years and my present p/m phone contract expires 29/03/24

I'm an Android user and generally opt for what was a flagship phone 18months prior. The phone I presently have is an OPPO Find X3 Pro which has preformed well.

Looking forward, I don't think I can spot any good China Android options as if EE are only backing Samsung who are nowadays on iPhone price levels. So I'm considering i) dropping EE and porting to Lycamobile sim-only and ii) sourcing a 'good as new' 2022/2023 flagship OPPO/Xiaomi model.  

So...to notify EE I am cancelling, do I need to notify on 29th Feb and request my PAC code? I it that simple ?? WHat number do I ring to speak to cancellations staff ??

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Don't ask EE to cancel your contract & request your PAC. These are 2 mutually exclusive things.

As you want to keep your number, text PAC to 65075. It will respond with your PAC. Give the PAC to new provider. This will have the effect of cancelling your EE contract. Best to do this in last few working days of your contract term so you have little or no overlap.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
ebodjarvo
Investigator
Investigator

Ahh so if you can just help me on timing of ( basis contract ends 29/03/24 )  :-

-Notification date to EE to cancel contract ?

-PAC code request date ?

So would be be correct to notify EE to cancel NOW ( understood between 30 & 45 days prior to end date ) ??

I thought once the PAC code was requested, it was valid for 30 days hence I assumed best time to request was 29th Feb is the contract ends 29th March ??

All that matters is when you give your PAC to new provider & they use it to port your no. cuz that's when your EE contract is auto cancelled.

@ebodjarvo wrote:

-Notification date to EE to cancel contract ? Don't! Never!

-PAC code request date ? 27/03/29 & give it to new network immediately (takes them 1 working day to port).

So would be be correct to notify EE to cancel NOW ( understood between 30 & 45 days prior to end date ) ?? No!!!!

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
ebodjarvo
Investigator
Investigator

OK thanks, the confusion on my side is that I thought I had to give 30 DAYS NOTICE, meaning that I've I got a PAC code and jumped ship on 27th March, I'd still be liable for most of April too. Whenever I've jumped contracts I've always ended up having to pay an overlap month..so was just trying to step across without a hit of a month's bill overlap.

Cheers anyway

ebodjarvo
Investigator
Investigator

One final query on Lycamobile sims, am I right to assume they operate on EE's network structure? If so...whats the downside?

When you port your no. using a PAC no notice is required.

@ebodjarvo wrote:

One final query on Lycamobile sims, am I right to assume they operate on EE's network structure? If so...whats the downside?

Lyca's website seems very quiet on WiFi-calling, and I can't see any references to it on reviews or comparisons.

Probably safe to conclude they don't have it.