PAC/STAC Issue

ccVikingcc1
Visitor

Hello, I tried porting my number across with my PAC Code on 13th March over the phone with EE support. The lady on the phone asked for both the PAC & the STAC and simultaneously I had two back to back texts from my old provider at 14:25 that a request has gone through. First the PAC then the STAC. It seems the EE Employee went with the STAC and cancelled my number and there's no way I can recover it.. Any suggestions before I give up all hope?

My old provider (Tesco Mobile) has said this has been ported over and can't help and EE are saying they can't see it either. 

2 REPLIES 2
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

If you want to port your no. you need a PAC. You do not ask for nor use a STAC,

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
bristolian
Legend
Legend

@ccVikingcc1 wrote:

The lady on the phone asked for both the PAC & the STAC and simultaneously

You were misadvised at this point. A PAC stands for "Porting Authority Code", a STAC is "Service Termination Authority Code", the titles being self-explanatory. You either use one or the other.

If your STAC has been used, then your previous service should have been terminated along with the associated number.