Number porting

rujutakd
Investigator
Investigator

I have ported my number to EE. Ordered a EE sim online where I gave my PAC number from old provider and today sim has arrived.

what is the next step to be taken? I don’t understand when this wil be completed? How will I know if my number is ported to EE ? 

any info is really useful here. Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@rujutakd  Once you have activated the sim ( put it in your phone and turn it off/on again a few times ) it has to register on the network.  It can take up to 24 hours to activate but it’s usually 4-5 hours.  Your number should then port across this alone can takes up to 24 hours.  

I have not got any instructions to activate the sim. But I have put that in my handset and I was able to call EE customer care , so does that mean it is activated already when I received it??

bristolian
Legend
Legend

Putting your new SIM in your new phone will "activate" it onto EE's network, and it will have a temporary number. On the day you do so, your PAC will be submitted, which will port your number across the next working day. The working day after the 22/12 will be 27/12.

If you had inserted the SIM before close of business today, it should be ported on 22/12.

Yes I had inserted it before end of working day on 21st. 
will there be any msg or email which will confirm porting is completed??

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @rujutakd,

Yes, you'll receive a text message when the number transfer has completed.

James

Thanks!!! Hoping to get it today! Will wait for it!

James_B

No problem, @rujutakd 🙂

James

rujutakd
Investigator
Investigator

Can anyone tell what no. To call to check for number porting??

Leanne_T

Hi @rujutakd 

Thanks for coming back to us. 

To get the number transfer looked into, please call us on 150 from the EE SIM, and the team will be happy to help 🙂

Leanne.