cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving SMS and calls after number port

Katieldavies
Explorer

I called up 2 days ago to have my number ported over from o2. If I text and call others my number is as it should be but when receiving these, they’re all going through to my old phone.

My id card is still showing as the new number not the ported number. So I restarted the phone and also reset my network settings and they’re still not showing the correct number. 

Sorry if I seem impatient but my old phone is broken so I cannot access any important messages and I was told 24 hours for the port process to be complete.

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
bristolian
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

I will assume you submitted your PAC on Monday, adjust these timelines by a day if you did so on Tuesday or Wednesday.

A PAC submitted on Monday before approx 5pm, should set your port-in as Tuesday. By Tuesday PM you should receive a text message confirming port-in successful.

Have you received this text yet? If so, and problems are persisting, EE CS should be your next call - they have access to your specific account and can check the status of your port-in and start any necessary investigations.

If you've not received the text, but your port-in should have been completed by now, then the same advice applies.

It was Tuesday, literally just after 5.30pm and once submitting my post I did finally find a post that explained that it would be a 2 day gap due to it being after 5pm. 

if it isn’t done later I’ll give them a call. Thank you 

bristolian
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

Any PAC submitted after 5pm would be treated as submitted the following working day, so yours was submitted Wednesday and should have been ported-in yesterday, Thursday.

Again, check for texts confirming either a port-in date and/or completion.