cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service on SIM after 1 week

Sksksjd18
Visitor

Hi 

Has anyone had a similar issue to this or know how to help as I am close to terminating my contract with EE after being a customer for 14 years.  

I received a new hand set and contract  1 week ago and my eSIM transfer did not work so I went into store the next day who told me that I would be given a physical SIM replacement instead which would activate in 24 hours. When received it didn’t activate even after 24 hours so I contacted customer service who told me the Sim hadn’t been linked to my account and I’d need to order another one that would be sent out pre activated as I am unable to receive text with the sim activation code on. 

I went back into the store to receive the new sim replacement and was told there was a block on my account so I could not receive a replacement eSIM or physical sim and would have to wait another 24 hours for the block to come off of my account.  I then called tech support 24 hours later  and asked for help and if the block had been removed and they said I’d have to receive another replacement SIM and this time it would definitely be sent out linked to my account and activated. The sim arrived and it was not activated but myEE said it would be in 24 hours.  

My handset recognises that there is a SIM in it but each one I’ve used says no service. I am genuinely baffled how this has occurred so many times. The person I spoke to Sunday says that my account did not show a new contract and new phone and that this may have been the reason the SIM was not linking correctly. 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated please as I am clueless what else I can do other than leave EE!

8 REPLIES 8
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Sksksjd18 

Welcome to the community.

I'm really sorry about the start of this new contract. This should be a straight-forward, easy process. It sounds from your description that this could be a problem with your account. I can only suggest speaking to our Mobile Care team again so that they can look into this in more detail. 

Please keep us posted here on what happens.
Chris

Emerald22
Investigator
Investigator

Am going through the no service issue since Friday what is going on

How can we get I. Touch when we can make or receive calls

Christopher_G

Hi @Emerald22

Sorry to hear that. Have you had a replacement SIM, or do you think this is a network issue? We have a live chat service available on our get in touch help page.
Chris

I don’t know how to start a live chat could you send a direct link to start up because I am stressed and I have lost a lot these few days, I can’t even make or redo calls not even text messages 

Christopher_G

Hi @Emerald22

If you click on the link that I posted, the live chat is on there.

Chris

Could you help me with directions as I haven’t seen it

James_B

Hi @Emerald22,

Please go to Contact us about your mobile phone (ee.co.uk).

Hope this helps.

James