cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet on pre-paid data sim.

Jonmac123
Investigator
Investigator

I have a pre-paid data only sim, which is supposed to give 120 Gigabytes of data for 12 Months.

It's 6 months old, I have only used 3 Gigabytes of data, and it has stopped working without any warning, it is supposed to expire in September.

It shows a full signal, but no internet.

Help please.

11 REPLIES 11
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Jonmac123

Thanks for coming here. 

Have you tried restarting the device? 

What happens when you try and connect to the internet? 

Leanne 🙂

EssexBoyEE
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Using the EE SIM Data in a Device or Phone, without WiFi turned on, what does it tell you when you go to this Web Link -

http://add-on.ee.co.uk/status

Hello Leanne.

I've restarted the device, I've tried it in a another phone, and a MiFi device, and it doesn't work in any of them. When I try to use any browser or internet service,  it says 'no internet'.

I've tried another pre paid EE sim in the phone, and that works fine,

It stopped working last night while was actually using it.

I can't connect to that site it just says 'no internet', if I connect with WiFi on, it tells me to turn WiFi off and try again.

Leanne_T

Hi @Jonmac123

Do we have any reported network problems for your area on the EE Coverage and Status Checker? 

Leanne 🙂

No the network seems to be fine, my other phone with a different PAYG data sim in it, has good internet connection, and is connected to the same cell site.

Leanne_T

Thanks @Jonmac123

In this case, please give us a call on 150 or 0800 079 8586 and the team will help you get this looked into.

Thanks. 

Leanne.

Thanks Leanne.

Leanne_T

Let me know how you get on @Jonmac123

Leanne 🙂