Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New sim won’t make calls?

Jools08
Investigator
Investigator

Hello, 

i added a new sim to my account to going an iPhone XR for my husband however when he tries to make a call it doesn’t work, he can text and receive calls just not make call.  We have turned the phone off and on a number of times, also reset network still nothing? Any suggestions. Thanks

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jools08
Investigator
Investigator

Hi@James_B

I have now resolved the problem, the sim wasn't set up properly, EE tech sorted for me 😀

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Jools08 

Have you tried the SIM in your phone to see if it works correctly. 

If so the it's related to his device.

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

Hi @Northerner 

thanks for your reply, much appreciated. I have tried the sim in a different phone, same thing. I’ve also put a different sim in the XR that sim works so it would suggest it is a sim problem? 

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Jools08,

What happens when you try to make a call from the SIM?

James

Jools08
Investigator
Investigator

Hi@James_B

I have now resolved the problem, the sim wasn't set up properly, EE tech sorted for me 😀

James_B

Thanks for letting me know @Jools08

I'm glad you got it sorted. 🙂

James

V3r1na
Investigator
Investigator

This is happening with my phone. I can’t make calls and therefore can’t call the support number. I got a new SIM a couple of weeks ago. I can access data but can’t make calls

can you please help

My new sim was set up to work in an iPad not an iPhone which was why it would y make calls I used a different device to phone tech support to resolve the issue

I'm having the same issue can you help also

Katie_B

Hello @CiaranTags

Is this a replacement SIM or a new contract SIM?

What happens if you try to make a call?

Katie