cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moved from sky to EE - sim only plan

bsahar
Visitor

Hi, yesterday I moved from sky network to EE. I purchased an essentials plan and chose to keep my old number. EE have said they will transfer my number within 24 hours but how will I know? They haven’t really provided me any information . I received an email that says my order has been confirmed and my old number will be transferred too. 

It doesn’t really say if i’ll be getting a new sim either. I try to login to the app but nothing comes up. Just very confused

Thank you!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@bsahar  Yes you’ll get a new sim it’s an EE sim as the sky sim is for sky mobile and thus can not be used on EE.    Your number will be migrated to the EE sim once it’s activated as  It’ll have a different number when you get it as you can not have your number on an EE sim at the same time as the sky sim.  The sim is posted via Royal Mail 2nd class.   

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@bsahar  Yes you’ll get a new sim it’s an EE sim as the sky sim is for sky mobile and thus can not be used on EE.    Your number will be migrated to the EE sim once it’s activated as  It’ll have a different number when you get it as you can not have your number on an EE sim at the same time as the sky sim.  The sim is posted via Royal Mail 2nd class.