cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid SIM Card

clothierstephen
Visitor

I had to send my Samsung S23 in to be repaired for a broken screen and have attempted to use my EE SIM card in an old Samsung 8 phone borrowed from my parents until I get the device back. They have been on Vodafone for many years, so I am guessing the phone may be locked to that network. Upon inserting the SIM it tells me: Invalid SIM Card. Network locked SIM card inserted. 

My phone is personal/business use and I cannot afford to lose use for the week it will take for my Samsung S23 to be fixed. Also, that phone was not purchased through EE, I am on a SIM only plan as I bought it directly from Samsung. As the broken one has been sent off and the temporary ones SIM isn't working I am unable to phone customer service. Can you please advise an alternate solution to get this unlocked?

Thanks, Emily 

2 REPLIES 2
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @clothierstephen 

Thanks for coming here 🙂

Have your parents contacted the original network the device was purchased from to see if they can unlock this device for you? Once unlocked your SIM card should work in the phone. 

Leanne.

bristolian
Legend
Legend

For reference you can contact EE CS on 07953 966150 from any working phone, but their advice is likely to be similar to this.

If you're on a SIM-only plan, then responsibility for device hardware sits with yourself. You will need to source an alternative phone via whatever means - perhaps consider a cheap SIM-free phone or PAYG model if connectivity is vital for you in the meantime.

CS may suggest upgrading you onto a device-plan, but this would lead you with 2 phones once yours is repaired.