cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am abroad unable to reach customer service

Hiee
Investigator
Investigator

I am abroad and my sim seems to be inactive and i have been unable to reach customer service to rectify the issues. I have called the number provided but it is not going through. what can i do?

13 REPLIES 13
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Hiee

Welcome to the community. 

Before leaving the UK did you activate roaming by texting ROAMING to 150?

Have you received a welcome text from EE?

Speak soon, 

Katie

Hiee
Investigator
Investigator

hi @Katie_B 

no I did not do so as i was not meant to be abroad for so long.

however, i had been receiving texts messages which stopped a couple of weeks ago. i did not really pay attention to it as i believed it was probably network issues.

wanted to top up now and it was showing that my number does not exist

Katie_B

Thanks for confirming @Hiee

If you are pay as you go roaming is enabled, it is only pay monthly customers who are required to activate before leaving the UK. 

When was the last time you used your SIM for a chargeable action? A chargeable action is any of the following:

• voice and data usage – this includes making calls, sending text messages and photo messages, retrieving a voicemail, and using data
  • topping up your account
  • buying a pack or add-on

Katie

@Katie_B it has been so long i really can not remember. But i know at least 3/4 months have gone by.

got so busy with life/health, a lot of things took a back burner

Katie_B

If you haven't used your phone for any chargeable activity for 179 days then your account will go into hibernation and any credit will be removed @Hiee

Do you have access to another phone? our customer care team can be contacted on +44 7953 966 150. 

Katie

@Katie_B oh wow. did not know that. it has definitely not been used for any chargeable activity in that long

i have called the number, however, it is not going through. Keeps telling me it does not recognise me picking an option between the 2 given, before the call cuts.

Katie_B

Thanks for trying @Hiee

If possible please could you try this number +44 800 956 6000. 

Katie

@Katie_B i have tried this new number, however, it is not even connecting.

I know ee had a live chat option before, is it still available? where a technical support person can help me out with this issue.

or is there another line that can be tried?

Katie_B

Hi @Hiee

There is currently no Live Chat for pay as you go customers. 

I've just tried calling the 0800 number and it is connecting. 

Does your phone just cut off when trying to call?

Katie